Saturday, April 16, 2011

No Time to Rest

I am sorry I have not posted in a long time. I have been really busy.

The bees are bringing in nectar and making honey. 4 of the hives were about a week away from starting the process of swarming, so I have made a bunch of nucs and splits.

I need to make another split from one of my hives I have at a different apiary, but I am going to wait a bit because I have carni queens coming from Strachan Apiaries next week. I will just split it up the day before and make a few nucs to put the new queens in.

This is what my bee yard at the house looks like:

1 comment:

  1. what is it about bees and beer? our box of bee gear sits next to stainless steel pots, carboys and bags of malt. looking forward to reading to your future bee and beer adventures!

    ReplyDelete

weather at the hive