Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Preparation for this weekend

Guess what I am getting ready to do:

Monday, May 23, 2011

new cutout

I got a call about a cutout from a second story overhang on a building the owners were trying to sell. I got everything ready on my day off, and got delayed until 6pm. I got there and proceeded to start the extraction with the intent of quitting if it got too dark. The extraction went until 8pm and I called it for the day. I then came back to finish the cleanup the second morning. In all it took about 4 hours. That seems to be the running time for me to do an extraction without destroying the house.

Enjoy the pics:








Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Not posting much

I have been busy with my new job and not had much time to do anything else.

I have started on a yard project to make it look better. Under the mulch is the weeding cloth so I wont have to worry about weeds or grass deciding to grow back through the mulch.

I have done all of this in about 2 days of 3 hours of work each day plus a trip to Atlanta to see my parents and get some free plants!



Yes, those are a few bee hives and nucs in the background...

Friday, May 6, 2011

HUGE swarm cutout

I got a call from a guy who had bees that moved into his front porch awning. They were about 12' up and he wanted to have them removed.

 Above is the hole they were using to make a hive inside the porch covering.

 Most of my tools. I am missing my sawzall and my drill and hole bits.


The bees were massed in a 5 gallon bucket mass just to the right under the flooring. I used my beevac from ground level to suck them all up. I a, pretty sure I got the queen. In all I got 3 medium supers worth of bees! I will have to go see if they like their new home on Sunday.